Wednesday, June 16, 2010

KK & GS with MIKA

HELLOOOOOOO my readers
I had an ecstatic time in Singapore ...... everything ... and i mean everything went according to plan .... let me list it down :)
1. I got to meet the people I wanted to meet
2. I got to go onto the skybar ... seeing singapore from the 70th floor of the building was breath-taking !!!
3. I went to HOPE Church , Singapore
4. I went shopping at orchard and bugis
5. I went to the night safari
6. I ate a wonderful Thai Dinner
7. I WENT TO THE WONDERFUL'S MIKA's CONCERT

haha ok now for the details:
I shall now descirbe my lovely partner in crime on this trip . Gina .... my dearest friend has been the greatest pleasure in company. She was extremely positive and bubbly in every single way that just really made my day . We were making jokes along the way at almost everything and commenting on random stuff that passed our way. We even had some serious discussions aobut our lives which really helped me regain the right perspective.
so on the first day ... we arrived in novena square all exhausted by bus but we still had to take a train to my aunt's place in Ang Mo Kio ... which after about an hour of travelling and searching we finally managed to find the place . We were in consideration on whether we wanted to go for night safari on this very night ... we both decided after much contemplation that it was too late to .... I then made second plans by arranging to meet up with joel instead . I invited her along but she said being a third wheeler was no fun ...

well meeting up with joel was rather interesting as the conversations did flow and it was a plus point that he took me up to the Sky Bar ... Man !!! the view was lush ! awesome ! I felt so awestruck being up there . we had drinks , he had a whiskey and i had my usual becks beer . dont worry readers , I did take a pic for you see how the view was . I came back at around 2 in the morning .......

This was my attempt to take of the sky bar


This is THE view outside !!!

some weird itty bitty details ... My aunts house currently had massive construction going on ... you can guess that we didnt have good night's rest ... and also my cousin's house phone alarm went off every day at 7.45 am ... so it was an annoying wake up call every single day . my head pillow was one of those medicinal pillows which i ain't used to so yeah that caused even more disturbance of my sleep .

But that certainly didnt stop us from going to church the next day . We were suppose to go to this church called new creation but after much contemplation and discussions with joel . He discouraged me from going there . So i decided lets visit an old church of mine :) HOPE CHURCH !

Aaaaaa the memories ... the closeness in the congregation and the energetic worship. the sermon the pastor gave was about disciple making and being a disciple maker . and the 3 points i found fascinating were ... do not be a uncritical lover or a unloving critic but be a loving criticI was scanning the crowd in much desperation to find edward ... suddenly my eyes picks out Ivan and i was hoping that edward would be sitting nearby and i was in luck ... i spotted him 3 rows down . we had lunch with edward and we relived the conversations and memories in brisbane ... good times.( in case you guys didnt know me before ... edward was my old crush in brisbane )

Edward :)

Isn't this old man cute ... he knew I was taking his picture

Then after he left us ... we met up with Gina;s friend Andrea . She was a lovely girl who worked at the botanical gardens .. We had loads of conversations on relationships and it turned out great seeing as we all helped out each other in this aspect . I took away something from this conversation and actually for once see the amount of faults in my relationship with Tim ... So the chances of me going back to tim has even shorten further . I dont really want to think about it anymore. I guess it does happens .. Time does heal all wounds

After leaving Andrea ... we went to the NIGHT SAFARI !
Fire-breathing shows ! tonnes of animals ! when we went on the leopard trail it really felt exciting ... looking for the animals in the dark and I am glad Gina really enjoyed herself seeing as it was her first time there . I went to night safari when i was younger .. i remember parts of it but not much .. this trip certainly puts a solid memory on what night safari is like.




then came monday !!! the big day :)

We went to bugis to shop for part of the morning then raffles place to have lunch with my dear couz ke xian . She treated us to siew yoke and char siew rice which tasted delicious . Am glad that Gina and her hit off pretty well . We then went home for a rest before making out way to the concert .
I am speechless at the crowds for MIKA ... There were so many ..... people ! A lot of white people ! very very enthusiasthic people . It was really artistic !!! I loved the colours and the graphics projected on stage . The pictures, images and cartoons used were very imaginative . The use of props were even cute ! He had a huge rag doll made where he cuddled up to during the lolipop song , a huge leg with a high heel shoe during the big girls song . And funny looking ghost that came out and danced around . Besides that , you know how it is when artist sing live they dont sound as good as they do on their recordings ? MIKA gave it his all ! He sounded lush ! and fantastic ! He really had talent :) I bought myself a MIKA shirt :) I am in love ......

The Big ole shoe .. Me love it !







THE CONTENT ME WITH MY MIKA SHIRT :)

No comments: